Problems with passwd/pam I think?

Hi All,
I have a stock RedHat 4.1 installed on a Cyrix P166. When I try to change the
passwd I get passwd: authentication token manipulation error. If I do a chage
and tell it that the last passwd change was within the last few days then I
can change the passwd. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Is there something
I should be reading?

TIA
tdiehl@pil.net

Unix IS user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.

Friends don't let friends do DOS/WINDOZZZZZZZE!!!!