Re: Problems with passwd/pam I think?

On Wed, 7 May 1997, Steve "Stevers!" Coile wrote:

> On Wed, 7 May 1997, Tom Diehl wrote:
> >I have a stock RedHat 4.1 installed on a Cyrix P166. When I try to change the
> >passwd I get passwd: authentication token manipulation error. If I do a chage
> >and tell it that the last passwd change was within the last few days then I
> >can change the passwd. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Is there something
> >I should be reading?
>
> It's a problem with /usr/sbin/in.telnetd, not with PAM.  Check out
> http://www.redhat.com/errata and install all applicable updates.

Sorry, I forgot to mention I have installed ALL of the updates from the redhat
site. I check the site at least once a week and upgrade anything that I
have installed.

tdiehl@pil.net

Unix IS user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.

Friends don't let friends do DOS/WINDOZZZZZZZE!!!!