Re: Problems with passwd/pam I think?

On Thu, 8 May 1997, Tom Diehl wrote:
[...]
>> It's a problem with /usr/sbin/in.telnetd, not with PAM.  Check out
>> http://www.redhat.com/errata and install all applicable updates.
>
>Sorry, I forgot to mention I have installed ALL of the updates from the redhat
>site. I check the site at least once a week and upgrade anything that I
>have installed.

If you haven't done so already, try rebooting.  /var/run/utmp needs to be
reset, and rebooting is the cleanest way.  If rebooting is not an option,
just zero it out with:

    cat /dev/null >| /var/run/utmp

--
    Steve Coile           P a t r i o t  N e t      Systems Engineering
 scoile@patriot.net      Patriot Computer Group        (703) 277-7737