Re: Pammed qpopper?

On Thu, 15 May 1997, Andrew G. Morgan wrote:

> Bruno Lopes F. Cabral wrote:
> > I made a qpopper-2.3 rpm with pam patches from cdent@kiva.net
> > but it cannot auth the users passwords ...
>
> There were statements made a while back that someone had made a POP daemon
> that seriously messed with PAM to the point that it might (and did) break
> with a newer version of the library.. This may or may not be the one..

I hope it's not mine. If it is someone tell me so I can recover from
the shame and ignominy. Oh yeah, and fix it too.

I made mine using the pam-0.54-4 rpm that comes with Redhat 4.1. It
basically just uses the routine from redhat's ipop3d.

> Since so many people have expressed a need for this, I feel I should look
> closer...
>
> Can you point me to the source?

The version that Bruno built is from a patch I posted to this list.
The latest version was attached to a message with the subject
"BUGFIX..."

Or I have the beginnings of web page:

http://www.kiva.net/~cdent/pam/

Please, if I blew it and made something bogus let me know so I can fix
it.

thanks
Chris Dent........SysAdmin
...........Kiva Networking