Re: Need users to change other users's passwords

On Sat, 24 May 1997, Nick Kralevich wrote:

> On occasion, we need one user (one of our techsupport people) to be able
> to change another user's password, but without having root access.  I was
> wondering if someone had written a pam module to do this.

*laugh*  giving people is root access - I still have nightmares from 'but
         why shouldn't accounts people have root?'

Anyway, two solutions to that... you could either hack a version of passwd
which is only executable by the account group (or TS or whatever), or
shove them in a menu which has certain priveledges.

Don't think this is actually a PAM problem persay.

--==--
Bruce.