User Configurator broken?

Hello All...

Probably a dumb question, but here goes.

I just upgraded RedHat from 4.1 to 4.2, and as expected the pam stuff I'm
using is newer (pam-0.57.8, libpwdb & shadow-utils-960810-3 from
Cristian's site) so they were not "upgraded".

Now I'm noticing that the GUI User configurator will not load, and leaves
a passwd lcok file in /etc. Is this the expected behaviour with the newer
stuff I'm running? Or have I messed up here somewhere?

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
--
<<========== LiNUX the choice of a GNU generation ==========>>