Re: changing password via NIS/YP with pam-pwdb possible=

Christian 'Dr. Disk' Hechelmann wrote:
> Is it possible to change a users password via NIS/YP when using pam-pwdb?
> Browsing through the source seems to suggests this.
>
> All I get is a permission denied error from passwd. It seems that it fails
> because of an error when calling pwdb_flags(). However this function just
> returns PWDB_UNSUPPORTED for the nis interface :-/
>
> Is there something in the works or is there just an configuration error on my
> site?

It doesn't work.  Cristian (who's busy at the moment with exams and job
related things) wrote the NIS stuff without any method for testing it.
Specifically, the NIS specs he had, gave little info about changing
passwords.  If you want to activate support for this, I think it would be
welcome.

(I had expected Cristian to mention something.. but I guess he is _really_
busy with exams at the moment.)

Cheers

Andrew
                  http://parc.power.net/morgan/index.html