Re: changing password via NIS/YP with pam-pwdb possible=

On Wed, 28 May 1997, Andrew G. Morgan wrote:

   It doesn't work.  Cristian (who's busy at the moment with exams and job
   related things) wrote the NIS stuff without any method for testing it.
   Specifically, the NIS specs he had, gave little info about changing
   passwords.  If you want to activate support for this, I think it would be
   welcome.

   (I had expected Cristian to mention something.. but I guess he is _really_
   busy with exams at the moment.)

There's a set of tools to change password called pwdutils from
Thorsten Kukuk, the ypserv author. They're sufficiently smart to
support local passwd (and shadow) files and passwd maps. Maybe they
could be pamified, I thing Kukuk uses debian.

   Cheers
   Andrew

Cheers,
andrea