Re: changing password via NIS/YP with pam-pwdb possible=

On Wed, 28 May 1997, Andrew G. Morgan wrote:

> It doesn't work.  Cristian (who's busy at the moment with exams and job
> related things) wrote the NIS stuff without any method for testing it.
> Specifically, the NIS specs he had, gave little info about changing
> passwords.  If you want to activate support for this, I think it would be
> welcome.

Just a quick note: I have not access to a true NIS environment, and I
never had the time to build one around here. I thought of combining all
the available pointers in the sources of the yputils available out there,
but again I've run out of time. Unfortunately, nobody with enough
knwoledge seemed interested enough to take a look at the NIS part. I
suppose the client part is working, but other than that ...

> (I had expected Cristian to mention something.. but I guess he is _really_
> busy with exams at the moment.)

Yes, that is true. I barely have time to drink some cofee, I becomed a
losy mail reader, I don't like that, but hopefully this will end real
soon.

But, if anyone wants to take a look and start working on NIS, I promise to
forget about my exams and give all the support :-)

Best wishes,
		Cristian Gafton
Cristian Gafton                                    gafton@sorosis.ro
Computers & Communications Center              Network Administrator
http://www.sorosis.ro/~gafton                          Iasi, Romania