Re: changing password via NIS/YP with pam-pwdb possible=

Andrew G. Morgan stands accused of saying:

>It doesn't work.  Cristian (who's busy at the moment with exams and job
>related things) wrote the NIS stuff without any method for testing it.
>Specifically, the NIS specs he had, gave little info about changing
>passwords.  If you want to activate support for this, I think it would be
>welcome.

While I am loth to mention the Evil Name, there is active work
being done on the FreeBSD NIS code by someone very familiar with
NIS and in an environment where the code is able to be actively
tested.

If you were looking to grab some known-working-and-maintained
NIS code, that in FreeBSD-current would be a good place to start.

--
Mike Smith  *BSD hack  Unix hardware collector
The question "why are the fundamental laws of nature mathematical"