Re: changing password via NIS/YP with pam-pwdb possible=

Jim Dennis stands accused of saying:

>>> While I am loth to mention the Evil Name, there is active work
>               loathe ???

No, "loth" is the adjective, "loathe" is the verb.  Don't they
teach you Americans English anymore? 8)

>       However, I am loathe to ask this:
>
>               Are Jordan and David G. and crowd working on
>               PAM and/or "single sign-on" (SSO?) or GSSAPI?

Er yes, that's me.  First PAM, then integration with the login classes
stuff being done by David Nugent, then GSSAPI.

The login class stuff is very nice, and will probably end up
as a PAM module itself.

At some point, a unified representation will probably need to be
made to the XFree86 people when the "right" model for xdm is
decided upon; I think that now is likely to be a bit premature,
but that's hard to tell. (And may already have happened 8)

--
Mike Smith  *BSD hack  Unix hardware collector
The question "why are the fundamental laws of nature mathematical"