fixing those pwdb shadow inconsistencies and holes

I think I see how to fix most of the problems with pwdb that I've posted
about so far with a few carefully placed piecies of code and a little
restructureing in pam_pwdb.

However, it's not at all clear to me that the Andrew's and Cristian's
intent was to put that kind of policy at that level by default.

Could either of you please explain where the policy border is supposed
to lie?  I'll be happy to do the work if it's in pam_pwdb; I'm afraid
that if it's in libpwdb it has the potential to take me a very much
longer time to do because libpwdb is much more difficult to follow.

michaelkjohnson