Re: pwdb breakage

On Sat, 31 May 1997, Cristian Gafton wrote:

> I am ready to take people suggestions on how to make it work in such a way
> that it will meet more % of people expectations - I am ready to change the
> default behavior a bit, but please keep in mind that 'shadowing on the
> fly' and 'unshadowing on the fly' are features in there to stay.

I'd guess shadowing on the fly and staying shadow if /etc/shadow exists
are better default behavior then unshadowing on the fly is. How about
getting rid of the "shadow" argumnet and making it "noshadow" instead,
reversing the default at the same time.

Erik

| "Psychopaths kill for no reason: I kill for money." -- Grosse Pointe Blank  |
|       Erik Troan   =   ewt@redhat.com     =    ewt@sunsite.unc.edu          |