Re: pwdb breakage

On Sat, 31 May 1997, Kirk Bauer wrote:

> A slightly related question -- is there *anybody* out there that would
> *not* use shadow passwords?  Why not just make Red Hat Linux automatically
> use shadow passwords (FreeBSD does by default)...   I see no reason to
> *not* use shadow passwords...

Too many places still just rdist /etc/passwd. We want Red Hat to look like
the majority of other Unix platformas which means no shadow passwords or
md5 passwords by default.

Erik

| "Psychopaths kill for no reason: I kill for money." -- Grosse Pointe Blank  |
|       Erik Troan   =   ewt@redhat.com     =    ewt@sunsite.unc.edu          |