Pam and time change

Here is the situation. I installed a fresh 4.2 load. updated with the
appropiate rpms from redhat. Installed pam-0.57-8.i386.rpm and the
necessary pwdb. I noticed that my system clock was behind by 3 hours. So I
fixed it in the bios. Now, every time I change a password I break a user.
It seems that once the time has been changed the entire authentication
system goes to hell. Is there any way to restore things aside from a
reload??

Jeremy