Re: pwdb breakage

Cristian Gafton writes:
>I remember a discussion I had some time in the past with mkj when I
>_think_ I pointed this to hin. I don't know if that was on pam-list or
>private, but I am sure I have pointed mkj to this 'behavior'. Thus my
>surprise when he claimed 'pwdb breakage' in public :-)

I must have completely misunderstood you, then.  I'm sorry about that.
I understood you to mean that all fields are updated in place unless
a migration option was specified, and that the shadow options was
the migration option.  As a result of that conversation, I removed
the shadow option from our config files.  I certainly wasn't ignoring
you wholesale...  :-)

Anyway, I hope that my suggestions for two options with the default
being to follow the shadow standard on this point (if /etc/shadow
exists) is palatable to you.

michaelkjohnson