Re: logins with extra charecters works!?!

Hi!

> 	Do you use MD5 in passwd and login?
> 	Usually, passwords are 8 chars long. Anything more than 8 chars is
> simply ignored.
> 	If you want more, you need to use md5.

after writing to you a minute ago...I looked on my machine and saw that
it has...

/usr/bin/md5sum
/usr/lib/python1.4/sharedmodules/md5module.so
/usr/man/man1/md5sum.1

is this the md5 you are talking about? If so, how do I get it to work with
the shadow passwords (could it be as easy as adding on the parameter
examples you show me below? (even though my /etc/shadow DO NOT begin with

thanks again....

mike
shred@m119.sail.leon.k12.fl.us