Re: logins with extra charecters works!?!

On Mon, 10 Nov 1997, Mike Wohlgemuth wrote:

> > Now, if you want to go back and suggest that the crypt be replaced with
> > something more attentive to characters beyond 8, I'd say that you should
> > move to MD5 shadow password files, which permit much longer passwords.
>
> where do I get MD5 shadow passwords and will they work on redhat?

Yup, they'll work. In fact, redhat is the place to be if you want to use
md5 -- you can do it thanks to PAM! Check out the docs for pwdb... I
haven't actually set them up, but I'm sure someone on this list can help
you get them running. (Hint: it'll involve editing those files in
/etc/pam.d.)

Best,
Jim
jhebert@compu-aid.com