Re: Kerberos and Hesiod?

   Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 16:02:52 -0400 (EDT)
   From: Derrick J Brashear <shadow@DEMENTIA.ORG>

   >       Okay, Hesiod is right out, then.  I suppose, if nothing else, there
   >  is always NIS.  Or maybe I should just write a secure system to do this
   >  kind of stuff myself.  8)  Actually, would it be that hard, if you had
   >  something like Kerberos around to help?

   Gag. If anything I'd take the GSS sunrpc foo and "gss-ize" nis+, but there's
   not a free nis+ server just yet

Note that NIS+ isn't much more secure that Hesiod.  Sun's "Secure RPC"
uses a Diffie Helmann generator that was broken well over eight years
ago at this point.  (And they couldn't change the D-H generator without
breaking huge amounts of deployed software, so to my knowledge they
never did.)

							- Ted