Problems with login times using xdm with pam or telnet.

Hi Folks...

Well, the problem is the wollowing...

I administrate a pool of about 50 LiNUX Clients connected to a server.
Now, the login time using the plain telnet programm takes about 3 seconds.
If I log in through the xdm or kdm, it takes something like 15 Minutes and
I have absolutely no idea what the Problem is.

I'm using the RedHat 4.2 Systems, using:

pwdb-0.54-7
pam-0.58-6
SimplePAM+PWDBApps-0.55-6

Of course, nis is used through the libc implementation. here the
config-files:

pwdb.conf
user:
        unix
        nis
        unix+nis
group:
        unix
        nis
        unix+nis

nsswitch.conf
passwd:     files nis
shadow:     files
group:      files nis
hosts:      files dns
services:   files  [NOTFOUND=return]
networks:   files  [NOTFOUND=return]
protocols:  files  [NOTFOUND=return]
rpc:        files  [NOTFOUND=return]
ethers:     files  [NOTFOUND=return]
netmasks:   files  [NOTFOUND=return]
bootparams: files  [NOTFOUND=return]
netgroup:   files
publickey:  files
automount:  files
aliases:    files

here is the /etc/pam.d/login
#%PAM-1.0
auth       requisite  pam_securetty.so
auth       required   pam_pwdb.so nullok
auth       optional   pam_group.so
auth       optional   pam_mail.so
auth       required   pam_nologin.so
auth       required   pam_shells.so
account    requisite  pam_time.so
account    required   pam_pwdb.so
session    required   pam_pwdb.so nullok use_authtok
session    optional   pam_lastlog.so debug
password   required   pam_cracklib.so retry=2
password   required   pam_pwdb.so use_authtok

and here the /etc/pam.d/kdm
#%PAM-1.0
auth       required   pam_pwdb.so
account    required   pam_pwdb.so

Any Hints in speeding up the Login-Times for my users ???

Thanx in advance.
--
It is better to have loved and lost -- much better.
* System Admin:                                 *