Making Passwd Non-Interactive

Hi,

My apologies if this message is inappropriate for the list, I couldn't
find much info about it anywhere.

On previous versions of Redhat, i.e. 3.0.3 we had passwd automated using
expect for several administrative tasks.  An example of this which ships
with redhat is mkpasswd (generates random passwords).  However, after
upgrading to 4.2 (same behavior with all 4.0 series) and PAM we can no
longer make passwd non-interactive.

My best guess is that this is a PAM problem, having something to do with
the ordering of the modules in the /etc/pam.d/passwd file.

At any rate, any help, ideas, or pointers to the right information would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Steve Kokinos