PAMifying network apps

Can somebody tell me what the standard procedure is to PAMify a network
application whereby the standard PAM mechanism for prompting for a
password cannot be used?  In particular, I would like to PAMify a simple
daemon like "poppassd" (the Eudora password changing daemon) to get a
start on PAM.

I've checked the FAQs and sample code and cannot see an example of this.

Thanks.

Mike.

  Mike Frisch                         Email: mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org
  Northstar Technologies        WWW: http://saturn.tlug.org/~mfrisch