Re: PAMifying network apps

On 27 Oct 1997, Michael K. Johnson wrote:

> have Red Hat, you can look at the source rpms for imap, xlockmore,
> and several other programs that are protocol-limited to username/password

I grabbed the source for xlockmore from the "mustang" directory on
ftp.redhat.com and looked at the PAM patch.  I extracted the relevent bits
to a test program, but was getting auth errors where there shouldn't have
been.  I haven't had time to look at it since, but I may post the same
program here for the world to point out my errors if that's ok.

Is this procedure you're using documented anywhere?  I am not afraid of
reading docs, but I just haven't been able to find them.

Thanks.

Mike.

  Mike Frisch                         Email: mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org
  Northstar Technologies        WWW: http://saturn.tlug.org/~mfrisch