Re: incompatibility with Sun's implementation of PAM

Fred Romelfanger wrote:
> I was looking at porting the Linux PAM module for Kerberos 5 to
> Solaris 2.6, and ran into incompatibility with pam_strerror.  The

:(

This is a real pain.  If you would like to see the OSF-RFC p20 top of the
page, you will see that we are compatible with the original RFC.

http://parc/morgan/Linux-PAM/rfc86.0.txt.gz

> Also if any one has interest in digging, I have a copy of the
> Sun man pages online and you can find links in:
>
> http://hoth.stsci.edu/public/pam/

I too also have a copy of these pages on-line (from some time ago) on my
Linux-PAM page [Sun gave us a copy very early on..] and yes, now I look at
them, they do seem to be different from the RFC.

http://parc/morgan/Linux-PAM/sun_pam.ps.gz

Correspondingly, the pam_strerror in the XSSO draft spec is at odds with us.
Thanks for pointing this out, I'll look into whether Sun have realized their
mistake yet or not.

Cheers

Andrew
                  http://parc.power.net/morgan/index.html