Re: incompatibility with Sun's implementation of PAM

On Mon, 8 Sep 1997, Andrew G. Morgan wrote:

> Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
> > Given the desire to stay compatible with Sun Solaris, and the desire to
> > not break backwards compatibility, this cries out for ELF symbol
> > versioning....
>
> Could you elaborate on this?  I'm not familiar with this idea.

check out http://www.linuxexpo.org/1997/after/papers/eric.ps.gz

Slides from Eric Youngdale's talk at this years linux expo.  Its just not
the same without Eric blathering on, and David arguing :), but it does
give you something to go on and it has "for more info..." pointers towards
the end.

-- zach