Re: User "accounting" module

Miguel A.L. Paraz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking of writing a module that would tally time spent in sessions,
> and deny users if they exceed, say, daily, monthly, or total limits.
>
> Main application is plugging it into a RADIUS server.  I'm currently
> using cistron radiusd.

Hi,

I was going to add PAM support to the cistron radius daemon when
I found that the only way to authenticate a user is to call
pam_start, which is very expensive.  Did you find another way to
merge RADIUSD and PAM?

Thanks,

--Amos

--
--Amos Shapira             | "Of course Australia was marked for
amos@gezernet.co.il        |  by the finest judges in England."