Re: User "accounting" module

Miguel A.L. Paraz wrote:

> Amos Shapira wrote:
> > I've been entertaining both of these ideas for a long time and
> > yesterday I gave up and started to write an ACE-based C++ server
> > for Radius.
>
> Cool, will this be freely available and hackable?

I hope to make it so - that's why I want to do this from scratch,
so it won't be bound by Livingston copyrights.

> And are you entertaining thoughts of making classes for PAM?

I suppos I'll reach that point some time.  But it's far too
early to tell (I'm working on the packet format right now).

> > Well, speaking of the simultaneous use - I though it would be nicer
> > to use some sort of a DBM file (with locks, so radzap won't get
> > into the way) instead of reading a sequencial file every time.
>
> Yes it would - so it would be nicer to write it as a module
> so that it won't be stuck in a radiusd.

Probably...

> > But we are on the PAM list - where is the Radius list?
>
> Cristian is/was hosting one.  Maybe it's time for another one?
> This won't fit in the {portmaster-radius,ietf-radius}@livingston.com
> lists for sure!

Unless someone else beats me to it - I'll see if I can setup
a list on my small ISP (have to switch to Qmail sometime), but
we are at the end of a 256Kb line in Israel, any US site should
be faster.

Cheers,

--Amos

--
--Amos Shapira             | "Of course Australia was marked for
amos@gezernet.co.il        |  by the finest judges in England."