Re: User "accounting" module

Amos Shapira writes:
>I see that he basically does what I was affraid to do (if I
>understand the patch) - run "pam_start" and "pam_end" for
>every user to be authenticated.
>
>Am I right, or does he do some trickery I missed which makes
>this possible?  Does this run at reasonable speed?

once loaded libraries are cached; it's the first call to pam_start
that is the expensive one.  After that, it should be much less
expensive.

I don't know the structure of the various radius daemons; it should
not be necessary in the abstract to run pam_start and pam_end for
every user to be authenticated, but it might be hard not to depending
on the structure of the existing code.

michaelkjohnson