Re: chrooted accounts

   From: "Andrew G. Morgan" <morgan@parc.power.net>
   Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 15:01:58 -0700 (PDT)

   Bryan Andregg wrote:
   > The format for a chrooted account in /etc/passwd is for the user's home dir to
   > be as follows:
   >
   > :/chroot/dir/./start:

   This is news to me.  What was supposed to observe this convention?
   (The redhat 'usercfg' utility certainly chokes on this when creating a new
   account.)  Also slogin barfs on it too which on my system is still not
   PAMified...

I've never seen this convention before either; it may be "standard" on
some Unix systems, but it's certainly not a widespread convention....

						- Ted