Re: User "accounting" module

On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, Michael K. Johnson wrote:

> I don't know the structure of the various radius daemons; it should
> not be necessary in the abstract to run pam_start and pam_end for
> every user to be authenticated, but it might be hard not to depending
> on the structure of the existing code.

In theory, it would be possible to call pam_start only once; in practice,
that would mean to call pam_set_item a lot of times for every auth request
we get, and that is rather ugly - a nice idea Jeff Blaize had is to have
radiusd doing pam_start under different names, for different set of
modules (like radius1, radius2, each of those with different sets of
module). That won't work with pam_set_item

Cristian
Cristian Gafton,  /dev/soft/devel, /dev/sys/hack
Red Hat Software, Inc.         gafton@redhat.com
UNIX is user friendly. It's just selective about
who its friends are.