Re: secure rpc secret keys

> I think the shadow support in pam_unix works, the module is just growing
> moss since it doesn't have all of the features that pwdb got and promises.

If the shadow support in pam_unix works, couldn't we enable it by default ?
It is terrible enough to get people testing the NIS+ code. If I tell
them, they have to recompile the pam library, it is to much work for
some people.

> I'd be really pleased to see pwdb with better NIS(+) support though.
> Hopefully that would just silently add support to pam_pwdb... Interested in
> doing this?

I don't know where to add the code (pam_pwdb module or libpwdb ?),
and I don't know the interface. But if I have time after the NIS+
support for glibc works ...

  Greetings,
   Thorsten

--