Re: Simple conversation function / linking w/ pam_pwdb

Just a dumb question here.  Are you performing any encryption on that
password?  If not, then both the old password and the new one will be
broadcast all over the networks where the packets travel.  Anyone with a
sniffer would be able to read the new password thereby compromising the
account, and obviating the need for passwords at all.  You may want to
take that into consideration.