pam_initialletter

My use for this might be a bit esoteric so I doubt it exists, but I'm
wondering if anyone has already coded a pam module that returns
success or failure based on matching the intial letter of the
username against a given letter or range of letters?

This is part of plan we have to control access to machines which will
be divided up by username or range or usernames.

I suppose a more generic module would be to match some thing (user,
shell, remote host, whatever) against a regular expression given as
an argument to the module.

Provides pam_listfile features in a different way.

If there isn't such a thing I will probably set about making one.

Chris Dent........SysAdmin
...........Kiva Networking