Re: 2nd call: binary incompatibility

On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:

> RedHat's new distribution is already in beta.  I obviously can't speak
> for the RedHat folks, but in most software companies, you'd *never* try
> to sneak through such a major change during the beta cycle, especially
> this late in the beta cycle.  Short-circuiting the QA process like that
> is a recipe for trouble.  You don't get quality software using the, "It
> builds, ship it!"  methodology.

Well, we actually consider it alpha. We will be going to beta RSN though,
so I'd like to see this change made asap. We should have time to adapt
to it before our beta as long as it happens this week.

Sorry for the late response. Our alpha has kept me busy ;-)

Erik

| "Tarball is idiomatically related to furball and hairball" -- Carl D. Roth  |
|       Erik Troan   =   ewt@redhat.com     =    ewt@sunsite.unc.edu          |