Re: 2nd call: binary incompatibility

   Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 21:11:53 -0400 (EDT)
   From: Erik Troan <ewt@redhat.com>

   Well, we actually consider it alpha. We will be going to beta RSN though,
   so I'd like to see this change made asap. We should have time to adapt
   to it before our beta as long as it happens this week.

Ah, I had assumed that anything which was seen outside of the company
would be considered "beta"; even a release which is only available to
closed group of outsiders is often called early beta by some folks.

						- Ted