Re: 2nd call: binary incompatibility

"Theodore Y. Ts'o" writes:
>Ah, I had assumed that anything which was seen outside of the company
>would be considered "beta"; even a release which is only available to
>closed group of outsiders is often called early beta by some folks.

Semantic quibbling aside (the free software world has certainly blurred
the semantic distinction between alpha and beta software, and we are part
of that world and inherit the blur), we want to be able to change our
software in response to suggestions that we get during the testing
period.  It doesn't matter to me which you call it; the point is that
we aren't frozen yet, but as we close in on being frozen, the sooner
we add drastic changes like this the better they will be tested.

michaelkjohnson