Re: PAM_SMB;login.c compilation problem

This sounds like me to a problem with OS versions .. if you are running
redhat get the src RPM do not use the util-linux tar file .. install the
src rpm and install the patch ....

please also read my follow-up mail to this list about that patch ....
( it had a small problem ) ...

Dave.

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Muhammad Khalid Khan wrote:

> Dear Airlie,
>
> I have down-loaded your patch for login.c i.e. login-c.diff, from your
> site (http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied/pam_smb), applied this patch
> successfully, but when I compile (make) the util-linux package, it gives
> me the following error messages.
>
> -----------------------------------
> login.c:556: too few arguments to function 'pam_strerror'
> make[1]: *** [login.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/util-linux-2.7/login-utils'
> make: *** [all] Error 1
> -------------------------------------
>
> Could you please help me to sort out this problem and give the exact steps to apply this patch and compile it. So that I will be able to use pam_smb module in my Linux box to integrate with NT accounts.
> I will appreciate your early response.
> Thanks
>
> Khalid Khan
> Systems Administrator
> Sir Syed University of Engineering & Technology,
> Pakistan

------------ David Airlie, David.Airlie@ul.ie,airlied@skynet --------
Telecommunications Research Centre, ECE Dept, University of Limerick \
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied	-- Telecommunications Researcher      \