Re: disable passwd sanity checks

Wayne Cuddy wrote:

> I have in internal linux machine at the office and I am not worried to much
> about the complexity of the passwords on this systems.  How do I configure PAM
> to allow users to set simple passwords?  System is RedHat linux 5.1, pam
> version is pam-0.64.

You can get some useful information
at:http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/Linux-PAM-html/pam-6.html#ss6.2
(Cracklib pluggable password strength-checker)

Collect the modified parameter for your needing (difok=x, minlen=y, and so on) and
tail them at:
password   required     /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so retry=3
in the file /etc/pam.d/passwd

Cheers
Daniele Bernazzi
http://www.ao-siena.toscana.it