Re: adding RADIUS to pam

> Andrew said:
> > But.  By exporting source code, can I be sure _I_ am not taking
> > responsibility for not breaking the bit about "does not allow for
> > encryption of data"?
>
>   As shipped, the code does not allow for encryption of user data.
>
> >  I cannot see where the ITAR rules make allowance
> > for the export of source code that does any flavor of reversible
> > encryption.  This is why I want to hear a lawyer say one way or the
> > other.
>
>   To be pedantic, seeing a lawyer won't help.  If it *is* illegal to
> export, then saying "my lawyer told me it was OK!" is no legal excuse.

I would think that it would be a good midigating factor for any criminal
prosecution.  Criminal intent is generallu required for a crime to have occurred.
I think that "look nobody can understand this law including the lawers" would
be a good afirmative defence.

Ray Todd Stevens               Voice (812) 384-4104
Network Engineer               132 E Main St
Custom Computers & Networks    Bloomfield, IN  47424
Raytodd@custom.net             (HAM KB9LGS)

Thought for the day:
    Concerto (n): a fight between a piano and a pianist.