Integrating PAM and PPP

Hi all,

By default on my Redhat v5.1 system, I have entries inside /etc/pam.d to
authenticate the ppp service as follows:

#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
auth       required     pam_pwdb.so shadow nullok
account    required     pam_pwdb.so
session    required     pam_pwdb.so

I would like to integrate the pam_ldap module into the mix, while at the
same time removing the requirement for ppp dialup users to have actual
entries in the /etc/passwd file. This will involve some code hacking to
pam_ldap which isn't a problem, however I'd like to know what my actual
pam config above should say.

Can I simply leave out the "account" and "session" parts?

Regards,
Graham
graham@vwv.com			"There's a moon
VWV Interactive				over Bourbon Street