Pam rhost_auth file ?

I can't get pam to allow users to rsh into RH Linux machines.  I keep getting permission denied.

I have narrowed it down to the first line in the "/etc/pam.d/rsh" file:

auth       required    /lib/security/pam_rhosts_auth.so

Does anyone know what file pam_rhosts_auth.so looks in to authorize rsh names?  What is the format?

I have already added host and user names in the .rhosts files, changed the permissions, and added host names in the "/etc/X0.hosts" file.  Nothing seems to work.

Thanks,

Tim