re: xlock and pam

> I've already tried to use xlockmore which use PAM authentication,
> but it doesn't work for challenge/response authentication
> mecanism. I use a radius PAM (from cryptocard) module for
> authentication and this module work for each client except
> xlockmore.

  On a similar note, 'telnet' does PAM authentication for no reason I
can figure out.  Not only that, it does it *broken*.  i.e. It *always*
wants to do pam_unix authentication, and rejects users if you try to use
anything else as "required".  Yuck.

  I grabbed a copy of Weitse Venema's "logdaemon" package, from

ftp://ftp.win.tue.nl/pub/security/index.html

  It builds a telnetd which actually works.

  Alan DeKok.