Re: pam_pwdb slowdown

> Tried that.  My slowdown is definately the auth module.  Look at my
> example below - if I change just the auth line from pwdb to unix_auth,
> all the slowdowns (at least for su) disappear.  I tried tracing it at
> one time, and it looked like the pwdb module read through both the
> passwd and shadow files more than once.

  I quick read of the pwdb code shows that it groks the password file
4-5 times, looking for various information, for accounting *and*
authentication.  The only word I have to describe such behaviour is
"yuck".

  If there's a new version of libpwdb, this problem can be fixed.  If
not, there's not much which can be done.

  Alan DeKok.