Re: radius in pwdb and pam_pwdb

On Fri, 25 Dec 1998, Bruno Lopes F. Cabral wrote:

> Hi
>
> > I wrote a patch for pam_pwdb to support pwdb_radius autenthication.
> > I had to change some things in pwdb also. Both patches are very dirt,
> > they contains lots of checkpoints i used to debug.
>
> did I missed something or pam_auth_radius is what you're looking for?
> I tested it some time ago in place of pam_pwdb and it worked like
> a charm :)

I didn't included radius support to pwdb, it has been there, my patch only
tries to make is work somehow.

I think You are missing the idea and purpose of pam and pwdb.
I want radius to provide all data about users, ant that is what is pwdb
for, not only checking password, and that is pam (pam_auth_radius and
pam_pwdb).
I'm trying to do something like NIS with flexibility of radius.

> !3runo

Grzegorz Stanislawski
Open-Net / PKFL