imapd/pam/rsh

Guys,

    For 3 months I've run a imapd server on a redhat 4.1 (with random

upgrades, 2.0.32 kernel).  I have a softlink from /etc/rimapd to

/usr/sbin/imapd.  I've been able to access this imap server with

rsh authentication perfectly.

    OK, so then I did something (well I must have).  Now I'm required

to use a password!.  The logs show me being OKed for rhost and a session

opening.  Then the session closes one second later.

    Now I can rsh between the boxes at will.  I'm lost...

I'm using pam 0.57-2.

    If someone has imap with rsh working -- what version? and with

waht config files?

                                        TIA,

                                                John

Malefacere qui vult, numquam non causam invenit.  ---  Publilius Syrus
    "He who wishes to do evil, never lacks a reason."

email: johnross@uchicago.edu    http://www.cs.uchicago.edu/~johnross