Re: pam and ssh

Dave Wreski wrote:
> Generally, are we ahead or equal to pam development on solaris?

The last thing I heard, the Solaris PAM development team had all
stopped working on PAM.  Vipin has even left Sun for a new job.

X/Open has absorbed the PAM spec and is trying to integrate it with
something it calls its single-signon initiative.  I have no leads as
to any progress on this front so I can't say if that is progressing.

As for us.  We are basically a superset of the solaris PAM
implementation.  Unfortunately, our application support is patchy.

It is my intention that the ssh patches will work out of the box on a
solaris machine.  This is bound not to be the case but the experience
of trying it will be interesting ;^)

Cheers

Andrew
--