password webpage

Hello,

  I'm writing a secure webpage that will be used to change passwords on
our linux box.  This machine serves out files to hundreds of people and I
wanted to use pam57 to aid me in this goal.   I tried to follow the samba
code and was successful in getting pam to verify a username/password; but
when I envoke

	pam_chauthtok

and follow the conversation, it will always do this:

reply_number	msg				response
1/1		Password:			seems to work fine
1/2		Changing password for blah
2/2		(current) UNIX password:	Segmentation fault

gdb doesn't supply any helpful information:

Program received signal SIGSEV, Segmentatoin fault.
0x400e0270 in ?? () from /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so

Is there any easier way to do this?-- using pam seems more difficult than
just writing my own routines with crypt(), so I assume that I'm missing
something here.

Craig Kelley  --  kellcrai@isu.edu
http://www.isu.edu/~kellcrai finger ink@inconnu.isu.edu for PGP block