Radius authentication with pam_pwdb

Is anyone successfully using the Radius auth support in pam_pwdb?
If so, how did you get it to work? In our tests, the system is
returning "get passwd; pwdb: structure is no longer valid"
followed by "Authenication service cannot retrieve authentication info."
We have the Radius dictionary in /etc/raddb/dictionary and
the /etc/raddb/server file has the IP of the Radius box and the correct
shared secret.

The Radius server is not being queried, so the failure is somewhere before
that.

(With the same machine, we are able to use pam_radius to successfully
*log* to the Radius box)

/etc/pwdb.conf has

user:
	unix+radius

/etc/pam.d/login has

auth	required	/lib/security/pam_pwdb.so radius nullok

What are we missing here?

Oh yes, this is the pam-0.59-5 from RedHat 5.0.

Ian Viemeister
Cybernex, Inc