pam and su

Can someone set the record straight?  I'm wondering how to control users
ability to use su by configuring pam, but the info pages make no reference
to pam, in 4.2.

I see /etc/pam.d/su, but am a PAM novice (is there an FAQ, or user's
guide, besides the development stuff from kernel.org?) and can't figure
out how to change it..

Now, I'm also wondering if the LinuxAdmin Guide has been updated to
reflect this, or if RH has some RH specific information on how to
adminster their products..

I understand Ed Baily wrong the RH users manual for 5.0, but haven't seen
it yet... is this where I should be looking?

Thanks,
Dave