Re: How do I get rsh & rlogin to work with pam?

On Tue, 13 Jan 1998, Michael K. Johnson wrote:

> Thompson Freeman writes:
> >like to use rsh & rlogin between the two machines. I am
> >running pretty stock RH4.2 on a '486 and an alpha UDB, so I
> >was under the impression that a ".rlogin" file should handle
> >the load. It doesn't (doesn't even seem to be checked),
>
> Make sure nameservice is working.

Yup. Nameservice is working.

> chmod 600 .rlogin
> (or, find /home -name .rlogin | xargs chmod 600)

Yup. (Well assuming that my error of .rlogin vs .rhosts is
corrected that is.) .rlogin is chmod 600.

> michaelkjohnson

I should have noted that both conditions applied when I
first posted 8-(. I'm still having difficulty asking these
questions at a useable level of information. 8-(. In any
case, thank you for causing me to check.